Safer driving with Android and Google Now
Recently I moved to a longer commute than I had in the past and as such thought it was as good an opportunity as any to see how much hands-free control I could wrangle from Android and Google Now. I installed the Google Now launcher on my LG G4 and put it to work. Now by just saying "Ok, Google" I can...
- Launch Google Maps
- Listen to incoming text messages
- Reply to those text messages or send new ones
- Open other applications by just saying "Launch [application name]"
- Get directions by voice command
- "Ok, Google, launch Maps"
- "Ok, Google, navigate me home"
- "Ok, Google, text [person's name here]"
- "Ok, Google, note to self [say the note]"
- "Ok, Google, read my last text messages" (this is a good one)