I will always be an advocate for the handwritten word. To me there is no better way to solidify and craft one's thoughts while avoiding the distractions of digital life.
Friday, January 15, 2016
It's surprising how much of a difference little changes in body language can make when interviewing. Posture, movement, even eye contact can move you to the top of the list or the bottom. What kind of impression do you make?
An interesting piece on the management strategy of Zappos and how they would rather have employees leave and be happy over staying and just collecting a check.
It's not an approach that works for all businesses but I'll admit I can see the strength of it when it comes to building and maintaining corporate culture.
Friday, January 8, 2016
- Launch Google Maps
- Listen to incoming text messages
- Reply to those text messages or send new ones
- Open other applications by just saying "Launch [application name]"
- Get directions by voice command
- "Ok, Google, launch Maps"
- "Ok, Google, navigate me home"
- "Ok, Google, text [person's name here]"
- "Ok, Google, note to self [say the note]"
- "Ok, Google, read my last text messages" (this is a good one)